Where would we be without the help of our friends?
As a non-profit event the Harbourview Sculpture Trail relies on the generosity of others to bring this exhibition to life.
Our range of Volunteer tasks include:
- Preparing the site by clearing flax & tending the grounds at our Working Bees
- Preparing materials for the interactive artwork installation (developed in partnership with Te Uru Waitakere Contemporary Gallery)
- Artwork Installation – a great opportunity to meet the Artists and Curator (last 4 days in February)
- Onsite Supervisor – for Adult returnee Volunteers
- Greeting & Welcoming visitors at the main carpark
- Ticket sales: Cash handling and great customer service required
- Entry Gates: Checking stamps/tickets at entry and handing out free catalogues
- Trail Guides: Minding artworks within the Trail, answering questions, guiding visitors & distributing People’s Choice forms
- Art Shop Sales: Cash handling and great customer service required. Arts knowledge a great bonus.
- Kid’s Creation Station: Assisting visitors to contribute to an ongoing art installation onsite.
- Carpark Monitoring: Experienced monitors required for busy weekends
- Twilight Weekends: Extra hands on deck for busy weekends
- Artwork Deinstallation (last 3 days of March)
- Data Entry for the People’s Choice forms – experience with spreadsheets a bonus.
Why Volunteer for the Harbourview Sculpture Trail?
Volunteering is a truly rewarding experience and results in a wonderful sense of community. It allows you to do something for the wider world you live in, by reaching out and giving back. Acting for no reward other knowing you have helped someone else will feed back to you ten fold! And being a participant in this event will bring you together with other like-minded people who may not have met otherwise.
In return for committing to a minimum of 3 shifts, all our volunteers will receive a mountain of gratitude, unlimited access to the Trail during opening hours, a 2016 Catalogue, one complimentary adult ticket to give away to a friend and a 2016 Volunteer’s T Shirt.
If you are interested in coming on board we would love to hear from you. Just fill in this form and we’ll be in touch.
Other questions? Please email volunteer@